We earn revenue from affiliate links on our site. We strive to keep our site updated, so if you notice any broken links, please tell us.
Small business owners move away from QuickBooks for a variety of reasons. Price, ease of use, and integrations all play a part. Every so often we like to make sure we’re keeping up with alternatives. We decided to check Reddit to see what people were using in place of Quickbooks. The good news is that all the alternatives that were mentioned were already on our list. But here is what people were saying across a variety of subreddits.
Top Alternatives to Quickbooks
- Freshbooks: this was the top paid competitor to Quickbooks. They focus on solos and small businesses and have very strong integrations across the e-commerce and CRM worlds.
- Wave: This was the top free alternative to Quickbooks. They make their money by charging for invoicing or payroll, but the accounting software is all free. It is a great fit for a company just starting out.
- Zoho Books: it got great reviews for being part of the larger Zoho eco-system, which makes an incredible amount of software for small businesses, many of which have a free plan.
- GNUCash: an old-school (we mean really old-school) free accounting and bookkeeping tool for coding nerds, but used enjoyably among said nerds.
- Honorable mentions: Xero: or Sage. Both are excellent options for people who need a lot of integrations into other software.
- Quickbooks Desktop: Quickbooks as an alternative to…er. Quickbooks? Turns out yes. Many people dislike the online version of Quickbooks but still love the desktop version. If your accountant still uses it and you can’t move away, this might be a viable alternative.
Check out other posts from the No-Nonsense blog
- Email Marketing Vendor AWeber Launches a Free Plan
- How to Calculate the Cost of Hiring a New Employee
- How to Use a Payroll Service Provider to Take the Fear out of Hiring Your First Employee
- A Roundup of the Current Top Website Creation Tools and Fast Prototyping Page Builders
- Square Updates Pricing Plans on Square for Restaurants and Square for Retail
Sign up for Startup Deals
Get the best offers and tips right in your inbox.
Revenue Disclosure: We’re upfront people, so we want to be upfront with how we make money. We make money through affiliate links and ads. How do we NOT earn money? We DON’T get paid to add companies to our categories or sell email addresses. That means no one can pay us to put them on the list in any category, move them higher up the list, or change what we say about them. We want small businesses and entrepreneurs to trust us to point them in the right direction, and we’re proud of the fact that this is a guarantee you won’t see on other websites.