We earn revenue from affiliate links on our site. We strive to keep our site updated, so if you notice any broken links, please tell us.
Incorporation for New Businesses
This section is for entrepreneurs to research vendors that can create your LLC, S-Corp, non-profit, or C-Corp on your behalf. Keep in mind the fees on the pricing pages are for the services, and the fees each state charges are extra and not shown until you check out.
Note: there are more vendors than this, but we are not comfortable listing them, even though we can probably make money doing it.
- Nolo: Our favorite, they sell guides for business formation, sample business forms for background check consent, contractor agreements, and leases, and of course they can incorporate your LLC for you.
- Incfile: They claim to have some of the cheapest LLC fees.
- Rocket Lawyer
Incorporation for Funded Startups
Funded startups or startups about to get funded should look into the services below. These firms help start-ups create and structure their business and incorporate in Delaware. People who will use the services below are either preparing for an investment round or structuring the business to allow them to give out stock options (or both).
If you are a funded startup (or about to be) outside the U.S. (emphasis on the word funded), Stripe Atlas is probably the best method for incorporating in the U.S. for international startups and getting a U.S. presence.
- Clerky: A well-know company, they have helped form some of the biggest names in start-ups. The fees are very good for the service you get, and they also have options for handling fundraising paperwork. They give out discounts to services that start-ups would use, like AWS. How it works.
- Stripe Atlas: very reasonable fees and you get a ton of free credits to SaaS vendors like Amazon AWS & Digital ocean. They allow international entrepreneurs to open a U.S. presence.
- Gust Launch: they have a subscription pricing structure instead of the single fees like Clerky & Stripe Atlas. However some tiers offer a lot of of start-up credits.
Sign up for Startup Deals
Get the best offers and tips right in your inbox.
Revenue Disclosure: We’re upfront people, so we want to be upfront with how we make money. We make money through affiliate links and ads. How do we NOT earn money? We DON’T get paid to add companies to our categories or sell email addresses. That means no one can pay us to put them on the list in any category, move them higher up the list, or change what we say about them. We want small businesses and entrepreneurs to trust us to point them in the right direction, and we’re proud of the fact that this is a guarantee you won’t see on other websites.